For Walter's birthday this year, we went as a family--with some cousins and Grandma--to the zoo! Walter always loves it when other people can go with us.
Avoiding the camera...
Going on the train ride with Grandma!
Afterwards we went and saw my parents. Walter found Maggie's lipstick...
When I asked what he wanted for a birthday dinner, all he wanted was a pink cake with strawberries.
Walter is, without a doubt, the sweetest person I have ever met. He's empathetic and emotionally aware. I love everything about this kid! All he ever wants to do is play, play, play! It's hard to keep up! He's full of compassion for animals. If I'm ever frustrated with Francis, he'll well up with tears and remind me to be kind. He's also the best big brother! He loves Mill's with all his heart and wants to be with her constantly. Sometimes when he comes home from school he'll say, "Did Millie miss me today? Did she cry? I missed her." We've told him that she needs to nap so that she can grow up big like he is. I then noticed an increase in his efforts to wake her up. When I asked him why he kept doing that he said, "Because I don't want her to grow up. I want her to stay my baby forever."
He gives me cuddles and kisses all of the time. He no longer takes naps. His favorite color is pink, he can count to 100 with help, he can sign and write the alphabet and his name. He loves to read silly books. He'd let me read to him all day. His favorite shows are "Octonauts," "Puffin Rock," and "Super Why." He's very imaginative! He tells such funny stories and is so creative. He made up a word: cumbervaded. He uses it everywhere. Like to describe that octopus eat fish or that a certain tree is super tall.
This boy is amazing. He's the best surprise of my life. He gave me the greatest gift when he made me a mom, and I'll always be grateful to him for that. He's so patient with me while I try all of this parenting stuff out for the first time on him! I love him so much it consumes me. Happy birthday, Wally bean!












Such a cute boy! And that cake was so yummy!
ReplyDeleteI just love that little guy so much! He looks so cute in that hat. I can't believe he's already 4, and he's such a sweet boy. Happy birthday!
ReplyDelete