I'm almost caught up! Here are pictures from August
Heh heh heh. I found this funny meme and sent it to my siblings. I was a pretty avid snoop growing up.
One of Walter's last naps. Big kid hardly takes them anymore.
Both of them were refusing to look at the camera.
A girl from my YW did an "Adventure Camp" this summer that was a week long. Walter cried the first day, but ended up loving it. Sweet boy takes time to warm up to new things. And now, every time we drive by the house she did it at, he asks when the next Adventure Camp is.
My mom with Millie and Aunt Karen with Bennett. My cousin Natalie and I had our babies only 2 weeks apart. Both delivered by the same midwife!
Millie's about three weeks old in these pictures.
Francis keeping guard
We were sitting at the table while Walter was fiddling around on the ground. He then said, "Look what I did!" He had arranged all of his coloring utensils in their colors!
When she was just 4 weeks old, Millie went with me to her first Girls' Camp! I was nervous about making the 2 hour drive, out of cell range, by myself (It was by the Uintahs). But I love girls' camp and really wanted to go! Finding the place was a nightmare and I almost turned around. But I found it! And I had a lot of fun. It was honestly the best night's sleep I had had in months! Mountain air, and only one person waking me up. Heavenly. The next day, I headed out with one of the young women who needed to be home for work the next day. A HUGE storm met us. It was incredibly scary to drive in. I kept thinking of how stupid I was to have gone at all. But anyways, we made it home all safe and I'm glad I went. It was fun to be up there with the girls.
Walter was supposed to be helping me clean, but instead I found him here. He'd turned into a baby and was unable to help me, apparently...
Whale shark played hide and seek in the washing machine by hiding in Levi's shirt sleeve.
Millie's first swim! She was 5 weeks old. My mom and dad got a trailer and wanted to test it out up at Cherry Hill. We had a pass, and I was cleared to go swimming, so we went! I was sure that Millie would love it!...Nope. The second her cute bum touched the cold swimming pool water, she freaked out! So we spent a lot of time in the trailer. Later when Krista came up, Walter and I went swimming with her while my parents watched Millie. It was a really fun last Cherry Hill day.
Playing slap jack
Walter was extra excited, because he got to have a sleepover in the trailer! He LOVED it. He got to stay up until 10 pm, playing!
Here are three adorable little ghosts getting ready to go swimming at Aunt Luann's pool.
Walter jumped into a pool for the first time! It's been something that's made him nervous for a while, so I was so proud of him!
Mmm, those lips, though.
Emi was one of my favorite kids to babysit when I was younger. She's now old enough to babysit my kids! Weird...
During tummy time Walter got down with Millie and said, "It's okay little fella! You can do it! Look at that strong neck!" I love it when he calls her "little fella."
Lagoon Day! It was the last week of summer, so the prices were super cheap. Walter was so excited! He'd been wanting to go to "bagoon bagoon" for a long time. Poor guy is so short though, that he wasn't able to ride all of the kiddie rides. And some of them he had to have me with him. My mom had Millie, so I was able to have some fun with him! But having kids has done something to my inner ear, because it didn't take a lot to get me feeling sick and to twist my stomach into knots. Walter was much braver than I was. On the mini rocket, I was grabbing him so tight, his hand started turning white...he definitely wasn't the one needing to be comforted, haha.
I found this picture of me at my mom's. Millie's a time traveler! Or she just looks a ton like my sister...
Levi went on a backpacking trip with his brothers and dad (I'll have to do a post on it). When he got home, Walter was so excited to see him! But daddy stunk a little bit...
We were rushed to get to church and I couldn't find Walter anywhere...
One of my last appointments with Jenny. She's stopped delivering babies and is now only doing clinicals. The vast majority of natural births happen at night, so she said she's really looking forward to getting lots of sleep every night--something she hasn't done for decades. I'm devastated! I don't want to have to find another midwife.
Aww man, I really love these two, but being a mom is hard sometimes. I lose my cool so quickly, especially with Walter lately. One day in the car he said, "I love you, Mommy. Even when you're crazy." Hahaha! How'd I get so lucky? Levi and I took a Love and Logic parenting class in September and October. It was amazing. I'll blog all about it later.
Hahaha, I love Millie's face in this one.






























































I just love Millie's face in every picture. And I just want to squeeze walter, he's so cute and I love his personality. I can't wait to see what Millie's little personality is like. You have the cutest babies!♡♡♡
ReplyDeleteI can't get over how brave you were to take Millie to camp! You are a real trooper! And I adore ALL the photos of the two of them together. Aren't little siblings just the best?
ReplyDelete