This last year felt a lot harder than our first year. It just felt like so much happened! But luckily, we were able to hang on and enjoy the ride together.
For our anniversary, we decided to go to the Armstrong Mansion since we'd heard so much about it! So that day when Levi got off of work, he came straight home--with gifts for me :) Roses and skittles :)
We went and dropped Wally off with his Grandma Jolene's for the night--Thanks, Jolene!
For dinner, we went to Settebello!
It was really good pizza! Probably some of my favorite I've ever had.
After that we went to the Bed and Breakfast. As soon as we walked in though, Levi realized he'd left his wallet at the restaurant! So we raced back and Levi ran around trying to find it. Apparently he had left it in the bathroom and the person who used it after him gave it to a waiter. Yay, for honest people! We were panicking that we'd be spending all night canceling cards and calling the bank.
We stayed in the March Hideaway. It's cute how all of the rooms are themed after a certain month. The innkeeper told us that our room had been the maid's room. So we slept in the servant's quarters...hmmm. Haha, but seriously, it was a really pretty room!
One thing I really loved, was that there was art EVERYWHERE!
We loved the innkeeper, Jeanne. She knew the whole history of the house and loved to share it. We spent a large portion of our time there just talking to her about the Armstrong's and their mansion. Since there was only us and one other couple, Levi and I got to explore almost every room! It was so big and beautiful! We loved adventuring around.
To be honest thought, we didn't love our sleep over. The bed wasn't very comfortable and we both spent a lot of time tossing and turning trying to get comfortable. Our bed at home is, truly, the most luxurious bed in the world, so others don't really compare. At one point in the night, Levi turned to me and said, "Why would we pay a lot of money to not sleep in our comfortable bed?" We didn't sleep very well and honestly that had a lot to do with the fact that we missed Walter. It was awful. At midnight we were even contemplating coming home early and getting him because we missed him so much--it was our first, and for a very long time, our last night away from him.
For breakfast, Jeanne made us stuffed french toast and bacon. Once again, it was so much fun to just stand there and talk with her about the history of the house. The breakfast was delicious! There was some delicious homemade granola and tasty fruit. We then explored the house again (I would highly recommend going and having a tour of the house--it's beautiful). We really felt like we "entered as guests and left as friends."
After we checked out, we headed over to Temple Square to walk around. Since it was a Wednesday, it was mostly deserted. We loved having the place mostly to ourselves! We went over to the the Church Museum and bought Walter a new little church book (so that we could buy his forgiveness for leaving him).
The Salt Lake Temple is my favorite--cliche, I know, but I think it's absolutely beautiful and has a great history.
So, all in all, a great anniversary! Even though we missed Walter, we had a lot of fun just having it be the two of us. It's so rare these days for those opportunities! I love Levi and am so grateful to have him as my husband!
Happy Anniversary again you two! Cute post! We felt the same about the Armstrong Mansion...it was beautiful, but we didn't sleep great either! Of course, it's probably because we had scared ourselves first by watching a scary movie! Bad idea in an old house!
ReplyDeleteHappy Anniversary! I love having you in the family. I love that Levi too! You guys are great together. I always feel that way when I leave my kids.. they are all i think about when I am gone, and I don't feel myself with out them.
ReplyDelete