Thursday, April 4, 2013

Zoo 2013

It's only 1:00 in the afternoon and Walter and I are exhausted! We have had a very full day. This morning we went to see my little brother's new apartment, and then we went eat breakfast where my big brother was working. Very fun to see those two!

After breakfast, me, my mom, Maggie, and Walter went to the ZOO! Since it's spring break it was pretty crowded (we got there just a little after they opened). I should have taken a picture, but while we were leaving at noon, it was SUPER packed! The parking lot and surrounding streets were completely filled. There were way too many people. We're so glad we got there early! Here are some pictures of our adventure:



 This was a really cool experience. As were were watching the elephants, the little baby went up to his mom and started sweeping his trunk on her belly. I asked my mom what she thought he was doing and my mom made the "nursing" sign that Walter always uses. And sure enough, he started nursing! It was a really sweet experience for me. I loved seeing him bonding with his mom. It also made me think, "Are you Elephant Enough?" 







 He loved sticking his hand through the fence (that contained no animals) and pointing to stuff.
 Seeing this Tiger made me think of "Life of Pi" and what it would be like to be stuck on a boat with a tiger...needless to say I would have abandoned ship.



 Holding on to the stroller--safety first!
 He collapsed into bed as soon as we got home. Fun is exhausting!


6 comments:

  1. I came home and fell into a coma, and I haven't heard a sound from Maggie downstairs! What a day. Walter was so cute, and the animals were great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great day at the Zoo!! I never get to see the animals that active. The kids have been begging to go and after looking at your pictures, I may be motivated enough to brave the zoo with 3 kids. And I LOVE that last picture. Something about kids sleeping just makes them look so precious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh... I miss out on all the fun! That must have been a blast. I love girl+Walter parties.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kennedy looked at this post with me, and is now insisting on going to the zoo with Walter. I love that you saw the elephants nursing.. That is one cool thing about the zoo... its always a different experience. Way fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your comments are so sweet. Your little boy is so beautifulllll. A blondie just like you! I don't think mine are going to stay blonde for long so I am treasuring it now. Tell Krista when I move to Utah again one day we are going to pick up our friendship like High School never ended!!!! I can't find anyone with our sense of humor out here...

    My mom wanted me to tell you she loves your blog posts and how open and opinionated you are. I agree with her!

    ReplyDelete