Monday, April 1, 2013

Easter 2013

Easter is my "most wonderful time of the year." I LOVE EASTER for several reasons: It's during spring, it's about Jesus, it's about family, Easter egg hunts, good food, etc.

On Saturday, we went over the Johnson's for the egg hunting fun! Aunt Sophie and Grandma put the kids lunches in the eggs, it was a super cute idea!


Walter is still very new to egg hunts, but that doesn't mean he didn't know what to do! He went, picked up an egg...
 and threw it...when veggies popped out, he was uninterested.
So he found another one and when it made a fun rattling noise, he threw it, and goldfish popped out!
 Walter doesn't eat goldfish, so he doesn't actually know that they are food. He thought they were a toy! He would put all the fishies back in the egg and then have me close it so that he could throw it again.
But just because he thought the fishies were toys didn't mean a few of the tasty nuggets didn't end up being eaten. I wasn't too worried. Everyone deserves a little Easter snack, right?






Levi and I teach the 11 year old primary class in our ward, and we've really grown to love our calling. I love teaching the lessons, because I get to re-learn so much of what I've forgotten over the years. But it is hard on me sometimes. There are some lessons I really struggle with. There are times I don't like or agree with what the lesson teaches or implies. Those are usually the lessons I just try to incorporate a lot of love, forgiveness, and Jesus into. So you can imagine how much I LOVE the Easter lesson, because that's what it's all about! I am a huge fan of my Savior. I absolutely love him. It's always a fantastic experience during a lesson to feel the change as the Spirit takes over and I get to be his speaker.

Levi also sang in church! He was in a trio and did great. Woody even came and listened. Thanks, Woody!

After church, we went to my parents' for dinner. The Bennetts, Willmores, and Clarks were there! After dinner, we decorated Easter eggs and then proceeded to hide them. There is only one rule in a Jenkins Easter Egg hunt and that is that THERE ARE NO RULES. Every man for himself. We all took turns hiding the eggs and by the end of the night, just about every one of them was cracked.
Walter was very helpful at hiding the eggs. While someone was hiding them, Walter would follow them around and pick up the eggs and then throw/place them somewhere else. Here he is in his new Easter poncho.

The branch holding up the old rope swing broke a while ago, so the men went to work finding a new branch to place it on...very dangerous, unnecessary work, but we're glad they did it, because now we have a new rope swing!
While they were setting it up, Walter kept trying to go on a walk down the sidewalk. After pulling him back several times, I finally just said, "Okay, bye, Walter." Instead of turning around and running to me (as a mother would hope) he instead help up his hand (without turning around) and waved goodbye. At-ti-tude. I would then have to run down and pick him up again. 

 The men all refused to cooperate and pose at the same time, so I had to take several pictures of them.



3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great Easter! I loved how Walter threw his veggie-egg! Haha. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. NO RULES! The poor wee children had no chance :) The picture above is really ugly...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe how big that Walter is! AND I LOVE WHAT YOU PUT IN THE EGGS!! I wish I could have been there to hear Levi sing. What great parents you two are. We miss you guys! Love you to pieces!

    ReplyDelete