Sunday, March 31, 2013

Your Regular Outdoors Man

I can't hardly get Walter to stay inside anymore! And honestly, I'm all on his side. This weather has been too beautiful to be spent indoors.

We went to the park the other day to eat our lunch. Walter's still not a huge fan of swings. Every time he's on one he starts signing, "all done!" and gets panicked. So after trying it again, he just sat "spider" with me on a big swing and enjoyed it a ton!


He sat in this tunnel for a long time. He thought it was so much fun. I started playing peek-a-boo by jumping out at him through different holes and he'd come up and kiss me.
He refuses to take his shoes off when he plays in sand. I don't think he likes the way it feels on his feet.
It doesn't matter where we go, Walter always seems to find water bottle caps! He loves to be helpful and throw them away. But when there isn't a trash can near by, he likes to be a tease and pretend to put it in his mouth, because he knows I get upset. This kid is already learning how be pull my strings. 
 I can't get over how brave he's becoming. He'll happily explore now when he's comfortable (as long as I don't get too far away). I have to remind myself that he's not just "my little, squishy baby" he's also a little boy who's developing his independence. Ugh, I hate it. 

Someone is ready for the beach! Walter got his new swimming suit in the mail the other day and loved wearing it around outside (since we don't have water, I figured dirt would work just as well, for now). 
 He's very helpful. He'll carry dirt from one part of the patio to the other. And sometimes he'll forget why he's holding it and will just plop it on the cement.

 This is the look he gave me when I asked for a smile... 


 In and out a hundred times a day.
 It seems he's aware that animals belong outside...even if they are in books.
I love this boy.
 Walter's Aunt Krista made him an adorable, soft quilt. Here he is cuddling it after his bath while we read books. Thanks, Aunt Krista!


2 comments:

  1. How adorable! We need to get Esther and Walter to the park together sometime. I feel the same way about exploring on their own...I can't believe how fast our babies are growing!

    ReplyDelete