Saturday, March 23, 2013

Winter is over!

Walter's been busy this winter!
 Every Monday and Tuesday, Walter gets to spend some quality time with his cousin, Carter, while Robyn and I do "baby swaps" for work and school. At first, Walter wasn't a big fan of sharing his mom with another baby, but he's gotten used to the idea and loves it (as long as Carter isn't the only one getting a bottle before nap time, of course). Walter's a really nurturing boy. When Carter cries, Walter will get concerned and want to help. Sometimes he even cries himself--out of empathy, I'm sure.




Walter also loves it when he gets to spend time with his cousin, Esther. They're only a month apart in age, so it's really fun to watch their different personalities get along and play.
We went bowling this winter and it was so cute to watch these two get excited about pushing the ball off the ramp!


If you turn your back on these two for long, they'll find their way to an instrument to bang on. Must be in their genes or something...


Walter is a definite binky-baby. I've never really minded it, to be honest. He has his comfort items like I have mine. I try to keep it so that he only uses them when he's tired or sad (I don't like him to have them when he's happy, because then I can't see his cute face and he doesn't talk), but he's quite the sneaky boy! He'll magically "find" binkys that I had thought were missing or lost. I get the feeling he hides them...

 Walter is a huge helper! After every diaper change he knows it's his job to put it in the garbage (no picture, sorry). He absolutely loves throwing things away. Levi and I have made it a habit of checking the garbage for important things before we take it out. Walter's favorite things to throw away are: diapers, socks, ripped paper bits, wrappers, toys, sippy cup parts, etc.

I was boiling potatoes on the stove, but it was too hot for Walter to help me stir, so he went and got his own cooking supplies. He's Walter stirring his Mr. Potato Head Soup.

 Walter and I were starting to get very antsy! This Winter was too long. As soon as the snow melted, we were outside. Walter loves to play in the dirt! He'll take Francis outside and chase him around our patio. I love having a little enclosed space I can let those two go "wild" in.

For Levi's birthday, my parents got him a grill. Walter was so excited to help set it up! We've made some really tasty chicken on it for some family members. It's our go-to meal now.

Little Grill Master.

One of Walter's favorite things is having us put a blanket on his head so that he can walk around with it. I always think he looks like a little shepherd or something. He takes it very seriously.





5 comments:

  1. Ha ha cutest boy ever! I love that picture of him with the blanket on his head.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute post Allison! Walter is so sweet, and I am glad he and Esther are such good little buddies! Happy Anniversary this week too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute post! we love spending time with Walter. Yay for cousin time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute post! we love spending time with Walter. Yay for cousin time!

    ReplyDelete