Thursday, May 7, 2015

Walter's Seasons Quiet Book

For some people, nesting is house repairs, painting, cleaning, organizing-heck-buying a crib. For me, nesting looks like this...
Levi loves it when there's a crafting storm taking over the living room. But that's how I process things, I guess. I'm not even that great at crafting, but I still love to do it. So for the last couple of weeks, I've been working on a new quiet book for Walter after he goes to sleep. If you remember, I made a Barn Animals Quiet Book for him a couple years ago. And because people are awful and horrible, somebody stole it. I'm pretty sure we left it at church and some monster took it. I can't even think about it or it makes me angry. So after giving myself some time to heal, I felt ready to try making another one!

The cover and the back were the last pages I did (I was getting worn out), so they're the most boring. I also put Walter's name on this one so that if it is "lost," whomever finds it will have to constantly look at the name of the child whose book they "found."

Seasons Tree Page
Summer
Spring 
Fall (I'm working up the desire to make Winter)
Walter invented a fun patterns game while he was playing with it, and that's now how we use the page.
This page has a zipper for the foliage. It's a simple "Don't Eat Pete!" We either use goldfish or the foliage. 

Garden
Picking things off the garden and taking them to the Farmer's Market

Bee with flowers
I want to make a couple more bees for this page.
Snowman

Fishing page (My favorite)
They each have a magnet in their faces, so that Walter can catch them and put them in the net.


Caterpillar/Butterfly page. Walter came up with the idea of feeding the caterpillar food from the garden page.

Kite page. This page was Levi's idea and it's one of my favorite.
Back cover

This was such a fun, relaxing project! I've still got some things I want to fine tune with it and add, but for now it's perfect! Yay for crafts! And thanks to my nesting practices, we aren't anywhere closer to being ready for an actual new baby...I'll work on that later. 

5 comments:

  1. oh my gosh I can't stand how perfectly cute this is. I love every page especially the garden and fishing ones. I can't believe you did sequins....I love them! I need to learn how to do this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are seriously amazing--I can't handle how good this is! I want to craft with you! I hate that someone stole your other book. It breaks my heart. BUT, for reals, I want to make one with you! Or maybe I'll pay you to make one for me when I have a baby! You are so talented.

    PS, This is Anna. Too lazy to sign into my account...so maybe I really should have you make me a book instead of thinking I can do it myself. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it so much! What a perfect way to "relax."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness you are SO talented! This is seriously incredible. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is AMAZING!!!! You are an awesome mommy to make something so special! Love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete