Saturday, October 4, 2014

Summer Picture Overload

Here are a bunch of pictures from the fun summer we had this year:
 Memorial Day
 Swimming at Luann's 

 The cousins picked a bunch of yummy strawberries




More Cherry Hill 




We got to do a lot of boating this Summer. Walter's becoming quite the fish! He loves the water. This year was his first time swimming out in the lake next to the boat. It was a little scary, but he did it anyways. He also fell in love with tubing! He'd let everyone do a "rough ride" and then he'd want to get out there and join in the fun. 


 He loved waving at whomever was on the boat. 

 What's under that towel?
 ...A boat baby!
Boat nap times are the best

 Levi and Alex road their bikes in the Huntsman Ride
 Walter loves Pop Pop time!

At a birthday party

So on the 3rd of July, we went to the concert in the park. While we were there, Walter spilled water all over his shirt, so I ran to get his PJ's. When I got back I saw this... 
 He LOVED the band that was playing! He danced the whole time. 


Once the fireworks started, Walter got really freaked out. Esther came and sat on my lap next to Walter and held his hand while he buried his head in my shoulder and shook. She was so sweet to take care of him. After that, he saw fireworks a couple more times and grew to really like them.  


Krista, My mom, and I went on a fun hike to a swing up in one of Centerville's canyons. I guess if you go a few miles further there's a waterfall! Hopefully we can find a time to get up there again soon. 

Krista doesn't like being touched. So I taught her about the importance of platonic touching by basically assaulting her the whole hike. 



Here we are making fun of "Sexy/Cool/No-Big-Deal Senior Pictures"

 There were tons of these cool bridges that a man my dad refers to as "the guardian of the forest" built. This man has taken it upon himself to care for this certain trail. He builds and maintains the bridges, and river dams, takes care of the campsites along the way, cuts back the poisonous plants, etc. My parents met him up by the waterfall when they went a few weeks later, and talked to him for about an hour about the trail.  
 After our hike, we met my dad and Walter and hiked to a waterfall.
A bunch of random boys were playing in the FREEZING water, so my dad had to join in.  

...and then so did Walter. He was freaking out! But he kept wanting to try it.  


 I did this to Walter's wall several months ago. My dad cut the owls out and then I put a bunch of cute fabric in looms and decorated his wall with it. Walter loves to take down the looms he can reach and make "cakes" and "fireworks" out of them. 
 Laying on the ground at the park. Typical. 
Naps with Daddy are the best 

 Tired guy
 His new favorite way to sleep. He loves all his babies. I don't know why we even bother with a bed. He always prefers the ground. In fact, this last week, we moved his mattress onto the floor, so that at least he's laying on something soft. 
Maggie's marching band is doing "How to Train Your Dragon" music. So awesome! 

 Here's Maggie and her Homecoming date this year.
...and their chaperone, Walter! 
 Last week Walter's preschool class went to a ranch for a field trip (have I mentioned how much I love his preschool?!). They got to feed ducks, chickens, and horses. They also got to go collect eggs out of a chicken coup, but Walter was afraid of the chickens. And it reeked to high heaven in there. They also got to pet rabbits.
While they were looking at the pens the horses sleep in at night, Walter picked up the rocks that are basically horse litter and started throwing them. Ugh... so gross.
Walter's favorite part, though, was the horse rides! He's now been on a horse more times than I have! Since he had ridden a horse before, they put him on the largest one! He looked so tiny on top of that huge thing! He held on all by himself and got to go around the corral several times. 

  



Those are just some of the fun adventures we've been able to have since the beginning of summer. It was a great season!

2 comments:

  1. I love every single picture of Walter's perfect little face! He is the sweetest boy ever. What a fun summer you guys had! I love this cute bedroom, and I'm not surprised that he loves his stuffed animals...just like his mom :) However, I am not too fond of the angling of the camera in the picture with me on the string... haha... wow big hips. Luckily, my tree portrait is better proportioned. Great picture overload. I can't ever see too many Walter pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun summer recap! Looks like you had lots of fun adventures.

    ReplyDelete