Monday, September 15, 2014

3 Years Old

Birthdays are a big deal. Celebrating the day someone you love came into the world is such a blast! On September 3rd, my baby turned 3 years old. His golden birthday! I can't believe how big he's getting. Lucky guy got 4 birthday parties.

The first was by the Johnson family when we celebrated Mollie, Jaxon, Walter, and Carter's birthdays. It was fun to party with his cousins.
After the candles were lit, Walter got so excited that he quickly sang "Happy Birthday" by himself and blew out all the candles. 

So we tried again, but this time with everybody else. 


Getting his own peanut butter bar.
Just like his mom--the chocolate's his favorite part 



A few days later, Jolene made a surprise visit and gave Walter some fun new toys! 

His next party was with our little family on his actual birth day. 
It started with breakfast in bed.
 I taped goldfish to some yarn and wrapped it around the room. His "big" gift was a real fishing rod. I had a terrible experience at Barnes and Noble getting his new birthday books for the year. Seriously, a horrible, poorly managed place. I returned everything and ordered his books on Amazon (for half the price, mind you). His books didn't come for a couple days, so he got presents for a couple days in a row.  
His birthday was also his first day of preschool. Technically, he's a year younger than his teacher takes, but she made an exception for him and a few other kids in the ward. Sandi's amazing. I work with her in the YW program, and consider her a good friend. After his first day, Walter's wild about her, too!
 Look at this big kid!
So excited to get there!

He had started screaming as I dropped him off, so I was afraid I'd be an anxious mess the whole time. But Sandi texted me a little later and said how he'd only cried for a minute and was now having a ball. I LOVE preschool. Having 6 hours a week entirely for myself is glorious. I get so much done! And it's so good for Walter to learn some independence and how to listen and respect other adults. 

Watching him and the kids in his class walk out of the school on their first day was adorable. They were all wearing mickey mouse hats and carrying little trinkets. Walter even asked if he could stay! He had such a good time.

Later that night, Mom mom came over for birthday dinner and to help us celebrate. 


 He got to have a special birthday bath with finger paints. 
Levi had to get in on the fun, as well. 
 Just as fun for him was cleaning it all up afterwards. 
 He then got to finish it off with a yummy bath bomb. 
 Later that night, Pop pop stopped by on his way home from a 12+ hour shift at the hospital to do sparklers.

His third party was a few days later at preschool (since his birthday was on the first day, his teachers decided to celebrate a few days later once the kids were more acclimated). He helped me make a poster to hang in his classroom. I got to stay in the class for a few minutes to watch them sing "The Special Song" and for me to explain how important Walter is to our family. He later gave out a birthday treat. 

Walter's last party was on Sunday with my family. My mom made some of Walter's favorite foods: ribs, chicken, cheesy potatoes, carrots, jello, and a salad. 
 Dessert was candy and cupcakes.

 We played a game where we threw balloons with candy on the ground and Walter would step on them. It was like 30 pinatas. So fun. 
 Roasting Marshmallows
 Stabbing people with sticks. 
 Hooligans on the roof
It was fun having everyone there. Walter is so loved by these people. 

 Here are some special things about Walter from this year:
Favorite...
Color: pink
Animal: elephant
Food: candy and carrots
TV show: Daniel Tiger
Movie: "Frozen"
Friend: Mommy :)
Biggest wish: He really wants a baby sister and that's only escalated since Daniel Tiger's mom had baby Margaret. I told him it's not a race, but he won't let up. He loves babies.
Song: "Happy Birthday" we sing it everyday. It's basically his lullaby.
Things to do with mommy: be silly, cuddle my "big arms," read books, and "poopy shopping"
Things to do with daddy: boys' night, movies, wrestling, bowling, and dance parties

He wants to be several things when he grows up: a doctor, superstar (which I think is a term he learned in preschool about being a "superstar friend"), an astronaut, and a firefighter.

He can recite his ABC's and can almost count to 20 with no problems.

He became potty trained in about 2 days and has had only a handful of accidents in the two months he's been trained. Seriously a champ!

He loves his nursery class. Whenever I ask what he learned he says, "Jesus Christ, Amen." He has no problem going and loves to see his friends.

Loves his cousins, aunts, uncles, and grandparents like crazy! He always wants to see them.

I love his tender and hilarious spirit. He make me laugh every single day.

September 3, 2011 was the best day of my life. I became a mom to the most amazing, sweet, funny, gentle boy. I can't believe how lucky I am to be his mom. He makes me proud every single day.
 Birth
 1 year old
 2 years old
3 years old







2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Walter! We LOVE this little guy! How fun to see him through the years too...he is such a cute boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is so adorable and sweet. I love him so much!

    ReplyDelete