Warning: This post makes me look bad.
Levi had just gotten home from work and we were sitting there talking when I started telling him about some things someone we know does. Here's basically the conversation:
"I hate how so-and-so does this, and this, and this. And I hate that they do it around them and them and them. Don't they know any better? Shoving their lifestyle in everyone's face and not being sensitive at all. Blah, blah, blah."
I then looked up to see Levi's face completely emotionless.
"Wow, what's up with the hate train? Why does it matter to you how they live their life?"
"Oh my heel. I am a hypocrite."--My internal dialogue.
Why does it matter to me how THEY live THEIR life? They aren't endangering anyone with their choices. They aren't taking away my agency with theirs. They are just living their life the way that makes them happy. If I don't like it, I can stay away. But how dare I judge.
Gosh, I felt bad. How lucky I am to have an amazingly non judgmental husband to help me with one of my many weaknesses. Levi really is one of the least judgmental people I have ever met. It's a quality I would really like to develop.
Moral of the story: Sometimes you really DON'T know what's best for someone else. You don't know them like they know themselves. People are allowed to live their own lives. Love, don't hate (or judge).
So there you have it.
Allison I FREAKING love you! You are such a good example of someone who is selfless and loves everyone and open-minded"ness". You're gorgeous, your family is gorgeous, wonderful blog! thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteOh so you're talking about me... what a brat... is the way I raise Trucker bother you that much? :) jk you're an angel and everyone knows it
ReplyDeleteA good lesson. Yea, Levi! (And, it's true, you ARE an angel, so your little lapses are good for all of the rest of us.)
ReplyDeleteWay to go Levi! I think I need that lesson once in a while too and I am sure that I need it way more than you.
ReplyDelete