First off, I repainted our room. It was so stark-white that the room always felt cold and uninviting to me. I decided to paint it grey and white stripes! I've never done stripes before, so I was very excited to try.
Here's the before...
During...
And after!
I'm really happy with the results. I'm currently working on a yellow and grey quilt that will look super cute on my bed. I'm also going to paint the clock, dresser, and bookshelf. I'll show you when they're done!Levi and I were at DI and I found an above-the-toilet shelf that was in really good condition, but weird looking, because the doors were plastic and the frame was fake wood. So I sprayed it white, then aqua, and then I sanded the crap out of it and added a vintage glaze on it! Woo hoo for making new things look old! I love this look, and it's now hanging above our toilet. SUPER cute.
Project number 3! Walter's been sleeping in a half crib (pictured below) for the last 8 months, and it's been great! But he was getting too big for it. Luckily Levi's sister, Haley's sister-in-law (woo hoo for connections!) had an old crib she didn't want. It was the same color as Walter's previous crib, but I wanted it brown.
So I took it up to my parents' house and worked on it. Disclaimer: Painting a crib is AWFUL and I don't want to ever do it again. If I do, I'm going to just throw caution to the wind, and spray it. Because it was so time consuming, it took me about a week to do. Walter got to sleep with us while I worked on it, which was fun, but I was glad when I was able to get him back into his own bed. Here it is!
It's so big for the little guy! But I've loved it. And a special thanks to Grandma Jolene for making the super cute bedding for it!
I am in awe of your crafty skills my friend. I love how all of these turned out!
ReplyDeleteGo Allison!! Seriously, what awesome projects!! Nicely done.
ReplyDeleteI love your room! The strips are so cute. What a handsome helper!
ReplyDeleteI love your crafty projects. The grey and white stripes are fantastic! The pictures don't do it justice!
ReplyDelete