Monday, November 17, 2014

Mom's Birthday

It was my mom's birthday at the end of September. I love family get-togethers! We had all the Jenkins and then some of the Willmores.

My mom's gift this year were a bunch of ramekins and a kitchen torch. I'd never had creme brule before! It was amazing! So much so, that Jess and I requested it at our joint birthday party a few weeks later.


 Walter loves Pop pop's "scent den." My dad loves to burn incense--such a hippy. Walter showed me how he helps...he then proceeded to keep heaping rocks on the coal and filled the entire house up with smoke. That's probably really good for the lungs. My dad was really nice about it, he just opened all the windows and made some comment about how mad Krista would be (she hates incense)
 We literally smelled like incense for a couple days
 Here's Walter's behavior chart. Every time he does something helpful or nice he gets a sicker. After a certain number of stickers (usually takes him a whole day), he gets a coupon. One coupon equals 30 minutes of TV. After he uses a coupon, he gets to put on a big sticker saying he used it. It's ended up working really well! He looks forward to getting his stickers and is better about helping out. 
 We love it when Krista comes up for visits, even if it means no "scent den."



1 comment:

  1. #1mom. Haha I would not be happy about that scent den incident...not happy at all.

    ReplyDelete