So I asked my mom if I could borrow her work crew for a day to help me install it. She was not very willing, because she had projects she needed done. But regardless, my dad came to the rescue bringing his team of, "Me, Myself, and I," and me.
We planned it as a surprise, so last Wednesday after Levi went to work, my dad showed up and helped me measure our bathtub. We then went to the store and picked out a door. It was so much fun.
The disgusting old shower curtain
Before
Picking out our doors!
Walter loved being Popop's special helper! He used the tools he got for Christmas from my brother, Tyler, to help with every step.
Anytime my dad was using a tool, Walter wanted to use it...
Including the saw. I had to put my foot down at that point.
He managed to unscrew this several times throughout the day.
This picture doesn't do justice to the amount of work my dad put into this project. He has a busy work schedule, and Wednesdays are "his" day to get his own (and my mom's) stuff done. For him to devote 4+ hours to helping me surprise my husband is just an example of how wonderful the man who raised me is. I literally could not have done this without him. He's so good to me.
The finished project! Now, whenever Walter goes in the bathroom, he likes to touch the doors and say, "Popop and you!" (Oh yeah, Walter calls himself, "You" all the time now. So cute) He's so proud that he got to help popop with such a big project.
Levi was so excited when he saw it! Happy birthday!
Levi's birthday was that Sunday and the only thing he wanted was to not have to go to church (haha, don't we all feel that way some weeks?), but with his new calling (Elder's quorum secretary) he had people he had to track down and papers to print off. So, poor guy didn't get his wish.
We had dinner at the Johnson's that night. I made some food-labels after the game Minecraft. It's one of Levi's favorite games. He said, "Isn't a themed birthday party kind of a 5-year-old thing?" Yes, why yes it is. But I don't have a 5-year-old who plays Minecraft that I can throw a themed party for. I have a 23-year-old. Just a bit of the lengths to which some people (whom I aspire to be...when I'm rich) go for a themed party, here's a Pinterest board with tons of things that have been done. I'm not that intense, so we kept it simple.
It was a lot of fun!
Levi's a great guy. I'm so grateful to be sharing my life with him. I love him and love being his wife. He's a wonderful father to Walter. Levi loves that little boy with his entire being and would do (and has done) anything for him. He's said on several occasions how thinking of Wally keeps him strong when he feels weak. Here's to a happy 23rd year, Love!

that last bit is adorable. and seriously, who WOULDN'T want a themed birthday party?! i want my next party to be hannah montana themed, because #duh.
ReplyDeleteALLISON. You are a good wife. Ian says sometimes I am only a mid-wife. (Get it, get it?) But you are a good wife. That last picture of Walter and Levi is so great. I forgot overalls existed. You've got a good little family!
ReplyDeleteThat shower door looks great!
ReplyDeleteI love the shower door! What a great idea. It looks great! Happy Birthday Levi!
ReplyDeleteYou are super woman, Alli. What an inspiration to wives and mothers everywhere.
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday!
ReplyDelete