Friday, June 7, 2013

Memorial Day and June 3rd Birthdays


For Memorial day, we went with the Johnson's to visit graves and family. Donny had not only learned the bagpipes in six months, but he had also learned and memorized different songs for each of the graves we visited. It was a really neat experience. We then went and had a BBQ lunch. 


 Walter refused to sit with the other kids unless one of us was holding him.
Here we are at Levi's little brother, Tanner's, grave.

Later that evening since Walter got to go swimming in his new pool!

 His swimming trunks caused some angst, so he had me take them off. I guess I'll have to teach him that when we're outside it's not the same as a bath...

 An annoying piece of dirt got on his finger...hahaha

 After "outside bath time" we went over to my family's for dinner. Walter got a taste of something sweet...
 And, boy, did he like it! Just like his mom.

 Finger-licking-good.
 Walter loves hanging out with his grandpa because he gets to eat as many of "grandpa's chips" as he wants.
 Levi took some bamboo from the back yard and made a little whistle/flute!




Often times Levi will get calls from a friend of his he used to work with at Orchard Cove. She is always asking him to come visit her at work. So last Sunday after church, we went to visit Tana.



You have to drag the words out of him, but Levi loves Tana and cares about her a lot. I'm so glad he made such a lasting relationship with her.

There are a lot of people I know who are born on June 3rd. So last week, we got some of them together for a birthday dinner. 

  I'm so glad my grandparents were able to come!
 Scott, Tyler, and Grandpa--the birthday boys!
















 And, of course, the night couldn't end without some of "Grandpa's chips."


4 comments:

  1. I love his pool! What a cute little guy. Those chips are pretty tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha. It cracks me up that he decided to just go skinny-dipping instead of wearing his swimsuit! How adorable! We just love that little Walter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha so cute! that little walter is a cutie!!!

    ReplyDelete