Monday, May 6, 2013

Maggie's Prom

Not long ago, when I thought of "babies" I thought of my baby sister, Maggie. I was 6 when she was born and remember meeting her in the hospital. She was the cutest baby doll I could ever ask for! And I had asked for her, by the way. I used to wish on stars and pray SO hard that I could have a little sister. It's been so crazy to watch her grow up! A couple of months ago I looked at her and it hit me--Maggie's a young woman now. I couldn't believe it! Where were the gaped teeth? The pigtails and yellow dresses? The dry lips and runny nose? The nightly ritual of picking her up out of her fort and putting her to bed? 

This last Saturday was Maggie's prom. She looked beautiful. She went with her boyfriend, Scott, and had a great time. 

 How awesome is that corsage?!?!



 I LOVE Maggie's style. She's not one to shy away from high heels, but she wanted to be able to comfortably dance at prom without having to abandon her shoes in some corner. So she and Scott went and bought some matching white sneakers. 



Though it's hard on me to watch her grow up (I might actually have some control issues, to be honest), I love how she and I have become such good friends...she'll always be my baby though.


4 comments:

  1. So darling! I adore how great of a relationship you have with your family. It is so wonderful! And living in Chicago, I've come to realize it is pretty rare. What darling sisters you are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) I love that dress. She looks so pretty. I can't believe she's getting so old. I feel like we're staying the same age and she's just catching up (I don't like to think about being 10 years older!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I feel the same way about my little sister. She is 19, but I think part of me will always view her as a 3 year old!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful thoughts, Alli. Personally, I don't like to see all of this growing up going on around here. Thanks for being our photographer that night!

    ReplyDelete