Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Sometimes

Sometimes I lose sight of who I am. Well, who I want to be. I get mad, but more than that, I get sad.
Sometimes it seems like my feelings just want to get injured, and so anything and everything hurts them. Walter's screaming because I'm a bad mom. Levi's had a bad day at work and I can't make him feel better, because I'm a bad wife. I realize I have no idea what's going on in my friends' lives, because I'm a bad friend. I don't have enough heart-to-hearts with my siblings, because I'm a bad sister. I haven't showered and I go to Walmart in my sweats and large T-shirt that are both covered in baby drool, because for just one day I don't want to care about what I look like to the rest of the world, and because for that one day my life feels hard. And why can't anyone just understand that and give me a hug?! Why is the world so selfish and mean?!

Then flood gates open and I become a hormonal mess. And I suffer...


But then I breathe, pray, and count to 10. And I open my eyes and see my life for what it truly is:



Absolutely perfect.

8 comments:

  1. oh, sometimes..

    Love that second picture of Walt with the big blue eyes! Dunno about that kid with the mexi stash in the background though ;)

    Now I have that flo rider song in my head.. must be the mexi stash that got it there.. haha

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OnnDqH6Wj8&ob=av2e

    ReplyDelete
  2. HE IS PERFECT!!!!! He's so cute. Oh my gosh. I can't get over it. I love this post. Love you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want nothing more in the world than to go to walmart with you looking terrible and give you a hug...... Or I want to look really really great one day then see you and make myself feel better.... heheheh he. Actually, in truth, I just want to give you a hug!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All I want to do is drive to Bountiful and give you a big hug!... and go to walmart with you to buy dip n dots in sweats.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the way you write Alli! I have definitely been down on myself today for all the things I've epically failed at and this post was a great reminder to take a step back and realize how great life is when I decide I want it to be. Cheesy, but true.You are great and you have the cutest little boy ever!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Allison,
    You really capture how everyone feels and put it to words. How wise you are as a young mother! I still battle with seeing things "how they really are." This week I have been making a "stop doing list" so that I can have more time "to do" the things to help me be a better wife and mother. I also love all the good you look for in Levi and Walter. Thanks for your example.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good job Alli, I love you. Dad

    ReplyDelete
  8. That was beautifully said. You speak the truth and I love that about you. You are wonderful and I am so glad you are part of the family!

    ReplyDelete